Fusing the robust flavors of California’s native Zinfandel with the grandeur of Cabernet Sauvignon, Paraduxx has embraced the best of both core varietals to produce a world-class blend with a decidedly Californian personality.
62% Zinfandel, 31% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Merlot
Aging & Oak
80% French oak, 20% American oak
· The aromas are complex and inviting, with lifted red fruit elements of raspberry and plum, as well as deeper bramble fruit notes and layers of vanilla, cream, nutmeg and cinnamon
· A smooth, rich entry leads to sweet plum and lingering spice notes, with hints of cedar and clove
· The wine’s lush texture is supported by resolved tannins that lead to a full, ripe finish
· 2009 presented certain challenges—from early shatter to late-season rain
· We responded with site-specific techniques that included aggressive leafing, an early thinning protocol and a heavy field sort to select only the most desirable grapes
· Attention to detail in the vineyards, and during harvest and sorting, yielded high quality fruit
A desert island red. Beautiful blend of Zin Cab and Merlot.
(Jul 6, 2015 at 12:07 AM)
Harlan Coben gives you a nice mention in his new thriller Stranger.