Chorizo Cheddar Cornbread
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- ½ lb ground chorizo
- 1 ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 can chopped jalapeños or 1 fresh seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese - grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 10 inch cast iron pan, 8 x 8 baking pan or 10-12 muffin tins - brush with melted butter to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat - cook chorizo until browned about 7 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients. Toss to combine.
- In a large bowl - whisk together buttermilk, butter, eggs, maple and jalapeño.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and gently mix with a spatula. Add chorizo and cheddar - mix until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean. For muffins - check after 15 minutes.
- Cut into desired shape and nestle into a linen lined basket for serving.
Take a look at our recommended wine pairing for this recipe below.
Pairing Recommendations - Red Blend
Out Of Stock