Nachos with Brisket and Rancho Gordo Black Beans
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 10 minutes
If you want a nacho recipe that will not disappoint look no further. Shredded brisket with Rancho Gordo black beans makes these nachos a winner for any game day party.
- 2 lbs piece of beef brisket
- 2 tsps coarse salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp grape seed oil
- ½ cup onions, small diced
- ¼ cup carrots, small diced
- ¼ cup celery, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 qt beef stock
- 1 dried ancho pepper, toasted and de-seeded
- ½ cup instant coffee
- 1 cup dried Rancho Gordo black beans
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup poblano pepper small diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 bay leaf salt and black pepper
- 4 cups nacho chips
- 2 cups grated jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Season the brisket on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a deep-sided sauté pan over high heat sear the brisket on all sides until browned well.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the beef stock, ancho and instant coffee. Cover and place in the oven to roast for 4 hours. Remove and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes in the braising liquid.
- Cover the beans with cold water and soak for 4 hours. Drain the water, place the beans in a medium pot and cover with 3 cups of water. Bring to a simmer and remove any foam with a spoon.
- Cook for 30 minutes then add the onions, peppers, garlic, oregano and bay leaf.
- Cook for 1 hour more or until the beans are tender. Season the beans with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the brisket from the pan and dice the meat into small bite-sized pieces. Add the meat to the beans and stir well.
- Place the nacho on a large platter, cover with the brisket beans. Top with the cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Take a look at our recommended wine pairing for this recipe below.