Grilled Lamb Chops with Spring Vegetables
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep: 1 day | Cook: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 day and 30 minutes
Summer days are perfect for grilled lamb chops with spring vegetables. Fire up the grill, add the chops and sear for about three minutes. Enjoy!
- 2 trimmed racks of lamb
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 4 Tbsps good quality red wine
- 2 Tbsps good quality red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsps fresh rosemary & thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed spring vegetables such as baby carrots, spring onions and fava beans
- Using a heavy knife, cut between the bones of the racks, separating the lamb into individual chops. Lay the chops flat in a shallow, non-reactive dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, crushed garlic, red wine, red wine vinegar; whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add the rosemary and thyme and black peppercorns; spoon the marinade evenly over the chops. Marinate overnight, turning once.
- Sauté or steam a selection of your favorite spring vegetables.
- Pre-heat the grill. The lamb chops will only take five to eight minutes to cook, so it's best to have your mushrooms and vegetables finished first.
- Remove the chops from the marinade, scraping off the solids. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill on medium-high to desired level of doneness (about three minutes per side for medium rare).
- Allow to rest five minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Recipe Courtesy of: Chef Stephen Barber of BarBersQ, Napa Valley
Take a look at our recommended wine pairing for this recipe below.