Tuna Nicoise Salad with a Citrus Raspberry Vinaigrette
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep: 30 minutes | Cook: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Traditional French tuna Nicoise salad with a twist! Add a citrus raspberry vinaigrette for a tangy delicious salad.
IngredientsTuna Nicoise Salad:
- 1 ½ lbs Fresh tuna - sushi grade
- 1 lb Small potatoes - steamed or roasted
- 4-6 Eggs hard boiled and peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ lb Haricot vert or green beans - blanched
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 Caper berries with stems
- 1 cup Nicoise olives
- 1 Head butter lettuce - cleaned and made into lettuce cups
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Raspberry vinegar (red wine will do)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
PreparationTuna Nicoise Salad:
- Prepare all salad ingredients and set aside.
- Place saute or grill pan over med-high heat. Rub tuna with olive oil and salt and pepper and sear about 2 minutes per side, slice ¼ inch thick.
- To prepare salad arrange all prepped ingredients on a large serving platter in beautifully arranged sections. Place lettuce cups on another platter.
- In bowl whisk together vinegar, lemon juice and honey, then slowly add olive oil until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Each guest will make their own Nicoise Salad cups by adding their own ingredients and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Take a look at our recommended wine pairing for this recipe below.